Header Ads

Story Of the Sleep Lady

The Story Of the Sleep Lady..

Let me tell you about my mission to help a million tired parents transform their sleepless lives! It’s important that you know a little bit more about me, and why I created the Gentle Sleep Coach Training and Certification program.

Watch the Video Here

More of a visual learner? Watch my story. 

How I Became the Sleep Lady

My 25+ year journey started as an overworked, exhausted parent with a daughter who would not sleep! But, I wanted a gentler approach to the typical cry-it-out method. I went against the social norm and put her on a flexible, gentle eating and sleeping routine during the day. 

 

I put her down awake at bedtime and only fed her when she woke up at night – I wasn’t going to wake her up to feed her. I tweaked, and experimented, I still breastfed a lot, but I was following my heart. 

Soon enough, I started to help family and friends with their babies. Between this work and working as a therapist, I had my second girl. She had horrible reflux and was a very alert baby. She put me in my place and helped me become a better Sleep Lady.

 

After much encouragement from my family and friends, I added sleep help to my family therapy practice. At that time, there were no “Baby and Toddler Sleep Coaches” or “Parenting Coaches.” 

 

I soon discovered:

  • 1 in 4 babies has some sort of sleep problem
  • Pediatricians receive little training in sleep yet are asked for help by parents every day 
  • There is NO formal education or regulation for sleep coaches
  • Yet there are many entrepreneurs with no credentials or clinical experience teaching outdated methods of sleep training

 

With this knowledge, I felt compelled to step up to the plate and share my proven method with other parents. Soon, I gained international recognition as an expert on baby and child sleep. (The Sleep Lady® is actually a nickname bestowed by one of my grateful clients!) 

 

Dedicated to providing tired parents with excellent sleep advice and coaching, I knew I could not help everyone myself… 

 

So, I started the Gentle Sleep Coach® Training and Certification program in 2010–the first and most comprehensive training program in the world!

 

My gentle sleep method was the spark of a global industry- Baby and Child Sleep Consulting.

 I have ONE mission: To provide families with evidence-based, gentle alternatives so they can respectfully care for their children… and get a good night’s sleep! 

I hope you’ll join me on this mission – I’d love to have you!

Stay tuned – I’ll be in your inbox with more helpful information and education on our Gentle Sleep Coaching program!

LEARN MORE HERE

With love,

Kim West, AKA The Sleep Lady

The post Story Of the Sleep Lady appeared first on The Sleep Lady.



https://ift.tt/qoiZJem from The Sleep Lady https://ift.tt/2xOFRbo

No comments